Sahara AKA 'Poison Ivy'

Super power:  
Toxic kisses – you WILL fall in love with me 

Day job:  
Writer at InflammatoryBowelDisease.net, Patient blogger at Fittleworth Medical, IBD Patient Expert at Merakoi and Freelance Social Media Consultant/Manager. 

Role at #IBDSuperHeroes:  
Arsing around, swearing too much, sending virtual hugs to the entire planet and generally being a know it all – someone’s got to! I create a million tasks and then have to be forced into delegating them. 

Why are you involved with #IBDSuperHeroes?  
The IBD community is of major importance to me. I have been isolated, sad, angry, bitter and alone. That’s not something I want anyone else to ever be. #IBDSuperHeroes exists to raise awareness and funds to find a cure for Inflammatory Bowel Disease. I want to create the biggest fundraising TEAM that the world has ever seen; a community, a support network, a family. A family that fights together!  
Together we are stronger.  Together we can fight harder. Together – we CAN be HEROES!  

Pets:
Three Chihuahuas and far too many house spiders – stamp on them, I’ll stamp on you 

A little about your life:
I’m fortunate enough to really like my life. I love my job and the fact I get to work to my own schedule. My family are all nice people, the ones I have anything to do with anyway. The people I see in my spare time are people I actually enjoy the company of, otherwise I wouldn’t bother (there are very few of these). I love my house, I love my animals, I love my little extended online family that I have the pleasure of speaking to every day… and that pretty much takes up all of my time. 

Tea or coffee: 
Coffee, until I’ve drunk too much and need to swap to tea… 

Likes: 
Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, The Hobbit & Lord of the rings, Breaking Bad, Daredevil, Once upon a time (you’ve noticed a theme here yes?), Marvel, DC, NCIS, Big Bang Theory… Yes, I like to lounge around and marathon watch series’ and movies! I do also like writing and reading.
If I’m not at work or hiding at home then I’ll be out watching live bands and dancing like a fool. I love a festival; any excuse not to wash and get dirty is good for me!  
I’m an animal lover, I’d probably rather play with animals than spend time with you. 

Dislikes: 
Pointless drama and the people that create it. People that think the world owes them living. Bratty children with equally bratty parents. People with piss poor work ethics and people that don’t like animals. 
Never feed me kidneys or liver, I WILL vomit on you. 
People that continue to speak after being told: “You are annoying me, shut up”. 

Medical history: 
Diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis aged 19 in 2007. Subtotal colectomy (colon removed) & temp ileostomy within a week – clean out op for sepsis 4 days post op. 
Jpouch creation & loop ileostomy in 2008. 
Takedown surgery (reversal) in 2009. 
Chronic Pouchitis, Cuffitis & abdo pain. Identified strictures & suspected Crohn’s. 
Resection, pouch revision & temp loop ileostomy in 2014 for twisted intestine & abscess. No active Crohn’s Disease. 
Takedown surgery (reversal) in 2014.
Jpouch excision and permanent ileostomy in 2018.

Medications tried:
Asacol, Mesalazine, Prednisone, Ad cal, Budesonide/Entecort, Mesalazine enemas, Azathioprine, Infliximab, VSL#3, Metronidazole; Ciprafloxacin, Codeine, Tramadol, Oramorph, Fentanyl & Butrans Patches. 

Comments