Your IBD Stories - Amy Robson



Name:

Amy Robson

What year were you diagnosed and with which form of IBD? 
I was diagnosed around the millennium but suffered with symptoms of Crohn's from being very young. I started suffering with symptoms to warrant hospitalisation when I was 7.

Have you identified anything that triggers you, and if so what? 
Yes. Stress & exhaustion mainly or infections/the common cold. Before my bag I couldn't eat much that wouldn't trigger me.

Highlight an invisible symptom of Inflammatory Bowel Disease which you feel affects you:
I could name a fair few! But mainly exhaustion, lack of appetite & depression.

Name one thing you feel like you’ve learnt or gained since having Inflammatory Bowel Disease:Amazing friends (most of whom have IBD themselves) & my boyfriend
I have also learnt that having an ileostomy doesn't have to mean stopping wearing the clothes that you love!

What makes you an #IBDSuperHero? 
A lot of people call me #IBDWarriorPrincess. I am proud of being able to manage working full time alongside studying towards my career in chartered accountancy. Whatever I have going on myself I also manage to put others first & enable them to feel less alone whenever I can with their IBD fight

Follow Amy on Twitter
Follow Amy on Instagram

Comments