Your IBD Stories - Jane Killin



Name:
Jane Killin

What year were you diagnosed and with which form of IBD? 
2008, Colitis. 


Have you identified anything that triggers you, and if so what? 
Stress seems to be the worst trigger along with rainy weather.


Highlight an invisible symptom of Inflammatory Bowel Disease which you feel affects you:
Pain, no one can see how much pain i'm in.


Name one thing you feel like you’ve learnt or gained since having Inflammatory Bowel Disease:
That i need to stand up for myself during hospital appointments. Its so easy to just be seen , told whats wrong and shoved out without help, understanding or explanation of what is happening to my own body.


What makes you an #IBDSuperHero?
The thing I was most proud of recently was when I summoned up the strength to see my daughter through a difficult birth. More than 24 hours in total, 12 hours sat by her side. I have no idea how I did it but I did, and I was very proud of myself!

Comments