Your IBD Stories - Lorraine Hepburn


Name:
Lorraine Hepburn


What year were you diagnosed and with which form of IBD?
Diagnosed with UC in 2013.


Have you identified anything that triggers you, and if so what?
Stress is a massive trigger for me. I try and stick to a low residue diet now because if I don't I seem to be always on steroids and flaring.


Highlight an invisible symptom of Inflammatory Bowel Disease which you feel affects you:
The fatigue.. no one can see it so from the outside I look fine. All the while I am exhausted but because I have managed to cover up with make up people think I am ok.


Name one thing you feel like you’ve learnt or gained since having Inflammatory Bowel Disease:
I've learned that I am not alone and it is something I can't cure and something that is now a part of me so not to feel embarrassed. I've also gained the help and support from so many people who are in the same situation.


What makes you an #IBDSuperHero?
I don't think I am a superhero, I wake up each day and I feel sad, other days I wake up and I feel to exhausted to feel anything. What keeps me going is there are people who are in worst situations than me so for that I am grateful for my life.

Comments